Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Dueces!

They say it takes 28 days to make something a habit. So how long does it take to make someone an afterthought? "Charlotte" and I have known each other for the better part of 20 years and over the course of that friendship we have been almost everything to each other. As time goes on and people get older, wants, needs and desires changes. Slowly, we have been drifting further and further apart. Recently, over the course of about two months, we have gone from speaking every day to having not spoken with each other in a month. It would have been even longer than that, but I shouted her out on her birthday. The interesting part of this whole thing is that I am ok with it. Two things I realize more and more as I grow up, less is more when it comes to friends and drama and if a person is not adding to your life, they are holding you back. Our friendship has constantly evolved and in my opinion, much like with The Doctor before her, it has reached its conclusion. No hard feelings, no ill will, just a realization that things will never be like they used to be, and again, I'm ok with that.

No comments: